Account Director - PR
PAN India – Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru
The Account Director leads our vibrant teams that develop and deliver strategic and creative solutions for our clients. They will partner and collaborate with several internal and external stakeholders to express the client’s story by executing communication plans on traditional and digital platforms. The Account Director, as a leader, plays a key role in business development by building and presenting creative, strategic and captivating pitches. They will drive and manage the team to service large clients, build relationships with senior Editors and new-age influencers, and shoulder the responsibility of counselling corporate CXO as the senior client contact.
An ideal candidate would be someone who has cultivated strong strategic acumen, demonstrated success in leading teams and is well aware of the latest digital tools and trends. The role requires a leader who encourages inventive ideas, motivates team members and is emotionally adaptive to the changing work environment. Experience in new business development is vital.
- Maintain client relationships at operational and CXO levels by providing strategic and digital advocacy regularly, along with crisis management.
- Drive the development of tactical plans, translating strategies into tactics and ensuring team deliverables align with strategies.
- Help develop award-winning, insightful and creative ideas to drive results and brand influence for our clients.
- Build/ improve relationships with senior journalists and influencers across the country.
- Oversee development and maintenance of a national media universe for all clients.
- Guide Account Managers and team members to track upcoming news stories and proactive pitching to place clients’ messages.
- Drive new business through participating in, and leading client pitches specific to social and web strategies, investigative research, campaign analysis, monitoring, etc.
- Direct the Account Manager in client retention, improved client satisfaction score and overall servicing cost management of client portfolio.
- Coach, develop and mentor a team of highly engaged individuals and empower them to succeed in their careers.
- Ensure a conducive work environment by resolving team conflicts.
Skills & Values
- Ability to collaborate and nurture positive working relationships with clients, colleagues within the agency and across the network.
- Demonstrate thinking and innovation skills during challenging projects.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to create their schedule and routine to keep themselves focused on the task.
- Willingness to learn and use digital tools and other company-specific digital platforms.
- Time consciousness, i.e., the ability to value their own time as well as their colleagues’. Setting meetings and deadlines at appropriate hours to ensure you’re working in sync with everyone else.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to think creatively or use tools to flesh out ideas.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s/ Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/ PR/ Journalism from a reputed institute, or an MBA in Marketing
- At least 10 to 12 years experience in a PR/ digital agency, preferably in handling clients
Submit your Resume